Saturday, June 22, 2013

On The Road Again (Week 1)

 

 
 
I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog!  We have had an extremely busy two months.  In this post, I want to share with you about our "Partnership Development Tour".  On Tuesday, April 16, I got up early and took Lee, Maggie, and Colleen to the airport in Bozeman.  They flew to North Carolina to meet our friends, speak at Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church, and for Maggie to purchase a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Then they drove down to Mississippi on April 18.  Meanwhile, Caroline, Abigail, and I caught a ride with a friend to the airport (on Tuesday, April 16) and waited for our flight.  We soon realized that our flight was late.  The attendant in Bozeman told me there was a good chance that we would miss our flight out of Denver.  So I decided to take my chances and we flew on to Denver.  As soon as we landed, mama text me and said that our flight out of Denver had left 5 minutes before we landed!  So we deplaned and made our way through the airport.  I talked with an airline representative on the phone and she told me there was not another flight our of Denver to Gulfport that day.  I found an attendant at the airport and she, too, told me there was not another flight out.  Finally, I spoke with a gentleman at the gate and, miraculously, he found 3 seats on the red-eye.  We spent 7 hours in the Denver airport, riding the people-movers more times than I can count, and finally left at 12:59 AM.  From there we flew to Charlotte, and then finally made it to Gulfport Wednesday morning around 10 AM.  What a way to start our whirlwind tour!

Mama and Daddy picked us (Caroline, Abigail, and me) up at the airport, we went for some Cracker Barrel, then headed to Lucedale.  After a quick shower, we headed to Grove Hill, Alabama, where I spoke to the children and youth of Grove Hill Baptist Church about our work in Montana.  Caroline practiced Bible Drills with the team there in preparation for the District and State Bible Drill. 


GHBC with their Prayer Bracelets
 

We spent the night in Grove Hill and the girls and I went to see our dentist.  Then we headed to Mobile for the District Bible Drill.  All of the team passed!
 Emily, Caroline, Samuel, Andrew
 Prayer with Mrs. Kim before the drill.
 Awards!

On Friday, April 19, we had a birthday/graduation celebration for Maggie at the Rocky Creek Catfish House and then had a dessert bar at Mama and Daddy's house.  It was great to get with all of our friends and family for this wonderful occasion.
(L-R) Colleen, Abigail, Maggie, and Caroline

 
Cousins!  Peyton and Kaitlyn
 
On Saturday, April 20, (Maggie's 17th Birthday), we had our 2nd annual LOF Board Meeting.  It was held at Grove Hill Baptist Church.  Some members even attended via internet.  After the meeting we traveled to Central, Louisiana, where Lee would speak the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment